Homemade Crepes for me are one of the best ways to start your morning. This is such a versatile recipe because you can fill the crepes with any favorite topping of your choice. Sometimes I like to serve them with fruits and whip cream. Other times we like to eat them for dinner with the toppings that you would normally use for tacos. No matter how you eat them they are delicious!
The first time I tried a crepe was in Europe in the streets of Spain, where street vendors make them right in front of you. I can almost smell the sweet waffle flavor in the air. These are without a doubt one of my all time favorite treats!
My favorite toppings for my crepes are bananas and Nutella because in all honesty there is something magical about melted chocolate! My kids love them with fresh strawberries and whip cream. I also find them delicious with a bit of honey!
I better stop talking now and share the recipe with you… I’m getting too hungry!
- 4 eggs (unbeaten)
- 2 ¼ c flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 c milk
- 2½ tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- Butter to coat pan
- Optional : powdered sugar
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix using hand mixer until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Heat a small to medium non-stick pan and add a small amount of butter to coat.
- Pour a small amount of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly and thinly.
- Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 to 15 seconds and remove from heat onto a plate.
- Repeat these steps until all the batter is gone.
- Fill them with your favorite toppings.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Here are some other delicious recipes that our family love!
Pumpkin Pancakes and Pumpkin Syrup – Recipe HERE
German Pancake Bites – Recipe HERE
Salted Caramel Skillet Cookie – Recipe HERE
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Make sure to subscribe below so you don’t miss a recipe!