With the Holiday Season now going full speed sometimes the best recipes are those that taste delicious but don’t take your entire day to cook. This Sunday Brunch Casserole Recipe is a hearty egg, hashbrown, bacon and cheese dish. It’s so easy to make, pop it in the oven, and enjoy your morning while it bakes! It’s the perfect dish for a crowd!
…In fact, our church is having a breakfast for dinner social this weekend and guess what we’re having? Sunday Brunch Casserole on a Saturday night. LOL. I can’t wait. I live for food. I worship food (just don’t tell my pastor that.
- ½ pound sliced bacon, chopped
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 to 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cook chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper-towel lined plate. Retain the drippings in the skillet and lower heat to medium. Add onion, garlic, and green pepper to the drippings and sauté until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and discard any drippings.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings in a large mixing bowl. Fold in hash browns, cheese (if you like a cheesier dish, use 2 cups cheese), onion mixture and bacon.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until the center comes out clean when inserted with a knife.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home April/May 1998, p31
Thanks Desiree for allowing me to play in your space today and share some of my favorite foods.
You might also enjoy these other holiday delights found at Bakerette.
Just click the pic and get the recipe!
Have a wonderful and glorious holiday y’all!
If y’all get a chance to surf the web, I’d love to have you visit me at Bakerette.com,