This Sunday Brunch Casserole recipe is a hearty egg, hash-brown, bacon and cheese dish to feed a crowd. Make this breakfast recipe the day of or ahead for a wonderful breakfast or brunch!
With the Holiday Season now going full speed sometimes the best recipes are those that taste delicious but don’t take your entire day to cook. This Sunday Brunch Casserole Recipe is a hearty egg, hashbrown, bacon and cheese dish. It’s so easy to make, pop it in the oven, and enjoy your morning while it bakes! It’s the perfect dish for a crowd!
Give it a try! You are going to love it!
Sunday Brunch Casserole Recipe
Sunday Brunch Casserole
Author: Bakerette.com | Adapted from Taste of Home
- ½ pound sliced bacon, chopped
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 to 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cook chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper-towel lined plate. Retain the drippings in the skillet and lower heat to medium. Add onion, garlic, and green pepper to the drippings and sauté until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and discard any drippings.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings in a large mixing bowl. Fold in hash browns, cheese (if you like a cheesier dish, use 2 cups cheese), onion mixture and bacon.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until the center comes out clean when inserted with a knife.
Additional Mix-ins: Try using breakfast sausage in place of bacon (or use both!). Try adding in mushrooms, green onions or chives and some sweet red pepper instead of the green pepper.
Here are some other breakfast recipes that you are going to enjoy!
These are delicious and very easy to make!
Wishing you a beautiful and delicious day!
It’s been too longe since I made a breakfast casserole. I need to try this one!
Sounds delicious! Can’t wait to try it! Do you think it could be made the night before and then baked in the morning?
I made this today for my New Years Brunch….it was DELICIOUS!!! Thanks for the recipe…I will definitely make it again…everyone LOVED it!!!
Breakfast casseroles are always so easy and delicious – can’t wait to try this one. 🙂
Great recipe, Jen! Thanks for sharing !!
Perfect morning! Thanks for sharing it with us!!
Mmmmm! I love breakfast casseroles. And I worship food too. I won’t tell if you don’t tell.
This looks so good this morning!
This just might be a Christmas morning option for breakfast. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Have a beautiful day!
PS. I love my food too 🙂 I won’t tell your Pastor if you don’t tell mine-LOL