Apple Pie Bars with a sweet vanilla drizzle… SO yummy and perfect for fall! Hello, Friends! It’s Cathy from Lemon Tree Dwelling, back to share some fall yumminess with you!!
When I think about fall, the first two flavors that come to mind are apple and pumpkin….and in honor of school starting here this week, I thought I’d start with apple!
To be fair, apples are one of those fruits you can eat year round…..and here at our Lemon Tree Dwelling, we tend to do just that! But there’s something about fall that makes all things apple taste even more delicious than usual….and these Apple Pie Bars are no exception!
They come together in no time at all and are the perfect dessert to serve at fall gatherings, school parties, or family dinners. Best of all, they can be made with either canned or homemade apple pie filling….and either way, they’re just as delicious! The BEST way to welcome in fall!
What are YOUR favorite fall flavors? I’d love to know!
- ½ c. salted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ c. flour
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice
- 2 c. apple pie filling (homemade or one 20 oz.can)
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Cream butter; add sugar and beat well.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually stir in sifted dry ingredients.
- Spread ¾ of dough in a lightly grease 8x11 inch baking pan.
- Spread apple pie filling over dough.
- Spoon remaining dough over pie filling, spreading lightly. *Not all pie filling will be covered.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes; combine drizzle ingredients and spoon over bars.
Thanks so much for having me here today!
I’d love for you to stop on over to check out some of my other delicious fall recipes, too!
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GET THE RECIPE
I want to invite you to follow Cathy on…