Hi everyone! It’s Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie back to share some delicious chocolately recipes to satisfy that sweet tooth! Who doesn’t love a good cookie now and again? I definetly have to get my cookie fix and what better way than these flaky and mouth-watering Toffee Chip Cookies.
Mmmm hmmmm. YUM!
- ½ C shortening
- ½ C butter
- ¾ C white sugar
- ¾ C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 2 C 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 C chocolate chips
- 1 C English toffee bits
- ½ C chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat half sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a separate bowl combine salt, baking soda, and flour; mix.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl cream shortening and butter.
- Add sugars; mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and scrape down bowl with each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and mix to 80% incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips, toffee chips, and nuts.
- Mix just until incorporated.
- Drop by Tbsp onto prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes, cool on rack.
- Make sure not to over bake them!
This recipe is actually adapted from a local restaurant where I live called Magleby’s… these cookies are AMAZING! You’ll love them. Since Valentines Day is almost here- I wanted to share a couple of delicious ways to bake up some love for you’re sweeties…
I love coming to share recipes each month at the 36th AVENUE each month.
Thank you so much for having me 🙂
I hope these Toffee Chip Cookies hit that I-need-chocolate-spot for y’all… they just can’t be beat!
Happy Valentines Day and Happy Baking too!
Also make sure to follow Ruthie on