You’ll love these healthier version of a Coconut Trail Mix Cookie. They’re made with coconut oil, coconut sugar, and whole wheat flour all of which are much better for our bodies than traditional ingredients. The best part is NO one will ever guess! I know. It’s awesome 🙂
Good Morning all my friends at the 36th AVENUE! It’s Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie and I’m so happy to be here with you. I’ve been a contributor here with y’all for a few years now and sadly, the time has come to say farewell. I’ve loved coming to share some of my kitchen creations each month and just love Dezi to pieces but I’m graduating culinary school and life is calling me to simply some things. So, in honor of my last visit, here are some of my very favorite cookies… Coconut Trail Mix Cookies!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cup whole oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, warmed up to a liquid
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup trail mix
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- small sprinkle of sea salt on the top of each cookie
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in small mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer or kitchen aid beat eggs and then add coconut sugar; mix for 2 minutes.
- Slowly stream in liquid coconut oil; mix.
- Add coconut milk and vanilla; mix.
- Add all dry ingredients to wet mixing to 80% incorporated.
- Stir in shredded coconut and trail mix using a wooden spoon.
- Scoop by tablespoonful onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle a bit of sea salt to the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
I love the color pop that the M&M Trail Mix gives these cookies. You can use whatever kind you happen to have on hand, it’ll work just fine to add in that little bit of sweet yumminess that a cookie needs!
Here are a couple of other fun Spring-time treats that you’ll enjoy baking and eating too:
Thank for having me! I love you all and you’re more than welcome to come by my place anytime…
Catch me at www.cookingwithruthie.com or connect with me on