Sour Cherry Cake is my favorite cake and the best thing about it is that I can whip it up in less than 8 minutes. It is not your regular super sweet dessert; it’s rather a nice little snack which is delicious with a good glass of milk. This recipe never fails!
Hello, The 36th Avenue readers. It’s Aniko from Place Of My Taste, and I am here today to share an amazing and easy dessert with you. And it is Sour Cherry Cake. I love Morello Cherries, and I always have an extra bottle at home. I get them at Trader’s Joes, one of my favorite stores in town. It’s a little bit of drive, but whenever I get to TJ’s I stock up on stuff like Morello Cherries:-) This easy dessert was taught by my grandma. I will never forget the measurements she used. I am making this cake the way she made it. I was about 8-10 years old when she showed me how to make this fantastic Sour Cherry cake. Never. I love it; my husband loves it ( he only eats it if I make it with whole grain flour) and my kids, of course, eat the whole thing at once when I bake this cake. You can substitute the cherries with any other fruits. I love it with sour cherries, though.
- 8 eggs - yolk and whites separated
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 8 tbsp flour
- 1½ tbsp. baking powder
- 1 bottle of Mortello Cherries
- Preheat oven for 376F. Prepare a 9" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites and yolks in separate bowls.
- Whip the whites with a had mixer until whites are fluffy
- Stir sugar with the egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl mix 8 tbsp flour and baking powder.
- Mix yolks and whites in a large bowl.
- Gradually add flour into the egg mix and stir together.
- Pour the batter into the pan and drop cherries on top.
- Bake it for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle with powdered sugar.
Easy yet super delicious cake. I hope you enjoy it!
If you like this cake you might also like this amazing
or this yummy
…and before you go, check out my fun
Have a wonderful rest of your April! See you next month!