Butterfinger Crunchy Squares make a perfect dessert or easy snack. This recipe has just four ingredients and it takes fifteen minutes to make. Perfect for parties or anytime you are craving a sweet treat!
Let me tell you… Growing up we didn’t have a lot of sweets in our home. The only times we had candy was on special occasions or birthday parties. I remember often looking for coins around my house so I could use them to go to the store and buy myself candy. I seriously lost count of how many times I hid the sweets afraid that my brother would eat them or even worse that my mom would find my stash and ask me where I got the money from. Sometimes I hid the candy so well that I couldn’t find it for weeks. I remember one time when my mom was cleaning my closet and found one of my precious candy stashes under my shirts, covered by a mountain of ants. Oh my! When I saw her face I almost peed my pants… She was so mad at me for stealing the money and for welcoming in my closet the entire Spaniard Community of Ants. Now I look back and I laugh… Good memories and good times!
I have to admit that even now I have the tendency to hide my goodies!
According to this quote I must be doing great with my parenting skills!
Now enough with the talking… Let’s make this treat together!
- 2 c. milk chocolate chips
- 2 tbs. shortening or vegetable oil
- ½ c. chopped butterfingers or your favorite candy bar
- Saltine crackers
- Cut a large piece of wax paper and place it on top of a baking sheet.
- Unwrap and chop the butterfingers in small pieces. Put aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl mix 1 cup chocolate chips and 1-tablespoon shortening. Melt in the microwave in intervals of 10 seconds, stirring in between to avoid overcooking.
- Use a knife to spread chocolate on top of wax paper. You want this layer to be ¼ inch thick.
- For the second layer line saltine crackers on top of the melted chocolate.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and shortening. Spread on top of the saltine crackers, the same way you did the first layer.
- Top with chopped butterfingers or your favorite candy bar.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
- Cut in pieces and enjoy!
Here are some other recipes that I love and I’m confident you will also enjoy!
Starbuck Lemon Pound Cake HERE
Butterfinger Dip HERE
Lemon Recipes HERE
Have a delicious day!
- FOR MORE EASY RECIPES SUBSCRIBE BELOW!