Lemon Pound Cake is one of my favorite baked goods! A while back Starbucks took their delicious Iced Lemon Pound Cake off the menu. Oh the horrors! There was a backlash and Starbucks realized that people really like the familiar sliced cake! Within a short amount of time, the baked goods were back on the shelf. If you love their yummy pound cake you are going to love this recipe!
Are you ready to get cooking?
Here is the recipe!
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9" x 5" loaf pan; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice with an electric mixer until just blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil and lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick entered in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Whisk to combine. Pour over cooled loaf.
As I researched this recipe, I found that the majority of the Starbucks Iced Lemon Pound Cake recipes circulating the web actually originated from Todd Wilbur’s recipe at TopSecretRecipes.com. Todd has made a very successful career out of “cloning” popular recipes for cooks to reproduce at home. So this recipe is attributed to him.
Todd tells us on his site that the concentrated lemon flavoring works alongside real lemon juice to give the perfectly intense lemon flavoring needed for a killer clone.
My motto is: Be prepared! And in case of another disappearance of the infamous Starbucks Lemon Loaf, here’s a back-up version to keep your taste buds happy for years to come…
Here are some other lemon recipes that you will love!
This is a very easy recipe to make and you just need a few ingredients. This is a perfect sweet snack that for parties or desserts for school lunch.