I’m SO happy to be here with y’all today to share one of our favorite cool weather soup recipes… Zuppa Toscana Soup is warm and cozy and the perfect way to warm up on a chilly evening.
I love soup! Especially when the leaves start to change and the days begin to cool down into winter. It just warms me right up and makes me feel all snuggly inside
- 1 lb. ground Italian turkey sausage
- ½ to 1 tsp. crushed red pepper, depending on how hot you want it
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 Tbsp diced bacon (or turkey bacon is good too)
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 10 C water
- 5 cubes of chicken bouillon
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1 lb. Russet potatoes (approx 3-4 large potatoes)
- 1 bunch of kale
- Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper.
- Drain excess fat; set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions, and garlic for approximately 10 mins or until onions are soft. Mix together the chicken bouillon and water in a large soup pot, then add onions, bacon, and garlic. Bring to boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
- Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in sausage.
- Add kale just before serving.
You may also like some of these soup recipes too!
I hope you have a beautiful day!
Feel to come visit me over at Cooking with Ruthie.com anytime or connect