This year Easter is coming earlier than normal and with all of the talk of Spring in our home we felt
like making some Festive Rice Crispy Treats this week, or what our kiddos call Bunnies’ Food.
You can really add anything you like to these Crispy Treats.
The trick is to add the candy while the marshmallows are still soft.
They are so good.
Festive Crispy Treats Recipe
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 (10 oz ) Bag Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 5 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- 1 Cup M&Ms
- In a large sauce pan melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat.
- Add the vanilla and stir for a few seconds until well mixed.
- Right away add the rice crispies and mix all together.
- After well mixed add the M&Ms and gently stir so the candy doesn't break.
- Spread the crispy treats on wax paper and add the sprinkles to give them the final festive touch.
I think it would be so cute to put the rice crispy treats inside of eggs for School lunch
during the month of Easter.
Or use the same festive recipe for a Spring Birthday Party.
All I know my friends is that they taste as good as they look!
For more delicious treats and desserts check out these recipes…
Have a sweet day!