How to make orange chicken? This orange chicken recipe is made in the slow cooker and is made with only THREE ingredients. If desired, you can salt and pepper your chicken and add red pepper flakes to spice it up a bit and give it a more Asian orange chicken flare. When you’re so hungry, my slow cooker orange chicken recipe is an easy and satisfying dish to feed your craving with only three ingredients.
As a very busy working mom (what working mom isn’t?), I’m always looking for easy, simple, delicious meals (not too much to ask, right?). Slow cooker recipes are my go-to for dinner recipes. They are easy to put together and I love coming home to the aroma of a homestyle meal. My husband came upon this orange chicken recipe on Facebook and messaged it to me saying “this is a must try”. LOL. Yes, we message each other sweet nothings throughout the day. Sweet foods, that is. LOL.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I love Baby Ray's original brand)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper chicken, if desired, and place chicken in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Just the chicken. No need to add liquid. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix together orange marmalade, BBQ sauce, soy sauce and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Drain liquid from the slow cooker. Pour orange mixture over chicken, cover, and continue slow cooking on high for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove and serve warm.
Recipe inspired by MyFridgeFood.com
If you like this recipe, you might also like these other recipes at Bakerette