Hello, 36th Avenue friends! It’s Cathy from Lemon Tree Dwelling, back again to share a delicious Christmas recipe with you! And, since you can’t have Christmas without gingerbread, this recipe is all about…..GINGERBREAD! I don’t know what it is about this time of year that makes flavors like cinnamon and nutmeg and ginger so appealing….but I do know that I spend all of December craving them!
So when I thought about what types of Christmas treats would be fun to make, gingerbread was definitely at the top of my list! And when I think about gingerbread, I naturally think about chocolate…(because chocolate goes with everything, right??)…and then my mind wanders to all the other delicious flavors I could add. Because when it comes to Christmas treats, why not go a little nuts (right??)
So I mixed up some cookie butter and chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and shredded coconut and pecans…..all ingredients that I knew would be DELICIOUS together….and I put them over a gingerbread crust. The result, as you might imagine, was incredible!! Crave-worthy, drool-worthy, and most definitely Christmas-worthy! Just as gingerbread should be!
Chocolate Gingerbread Bars
- 1½ c. finely crushed gingersnaps ¾ c. butter ½ c. cookie butter ½ c. chocolate chips ½ c. peanut butter chips ½ c. shredded coconut ½ c. chopped pecans
- Mix crushed gingersnaps and ½ c. butter, softened, in a medium bowl. Press into greased 8x8 inch baking pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ¼ c. butter, cookie butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips. Melt over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in shredded coconut and chopped pecans and spread over gingersnap crust.
- Sprinkle with additional shredded coconut and chopped pecans, as desired.
- Allow bars to cool completely. Enjoy!