One secret ingredient takes this White Cake Recipe to a whole new level… Adding diet 7-Up or Sprite to a regularly prepared cake mix gives this white cake recipe a whole new twist – so moist, light, fluffy and delicious! Just make sure not to allow the soda pop to go flat before adding it to the mix.
Add your favorite buttercream frosting, or try my own white buttercream frosting
- 1 (18 ounce) package moist deluxe white cake mix (such as Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic White Cake Mix)
- ⅓ cup diet lemon-lime soda (such as diet 7-Up or Sprite)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Set the oven rack to second-lowest position and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan or two 8-inch round pans and set aside.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl for approximately 30 seconds. Increase to medium speed and continue beating for 2 minutes more.
- Pour and spread the batter evenly in prepared cake pan(s) (Batter will be quite thick).
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick entered in the center of the cake comes out clean.
If you like this recipe, you might also like these other recipes from Bakerette.com.
Click on the photos for the recipes:
Jen’s Recipes are AMAZING!
Also make sure to follow her on…