There is something comforting about those traditional flavors that we know so well but never get old. One of our family favorite activities is to simply sit around the table and have dinner together. It is a great time to hang out, talking about the day while having a good meal. Today I am sharing with you my friends one of our family favorite recipes.
Old Fashion Grandma Scone Recipe
These are also known as Utah Scones or Pioneer Scones.
The dough is made in about 10 minutes and after just 8 minutes of rest they are ready to be cut and fried!
We like to eat them with Honey Butter. Just mix an equal amount of honey and butter together
and spread on the hot scones. I love making these for Thanksgiving Dinner or when we have our Pork Roast.. So yummy!
Here is our Scone Recipe
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbs Yeast
- 1½ Cups Warm Milk
- 2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 3 tsp Sugar
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 to 5 Cups of Flour
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and set aside.
- Add oil, sugar, yeast mixture, and ¼ cup water to scalded milk.
- Mix flour and salt together. Add enough flour to make a soft dough and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Knead lightly again and roll to about an inch thick on floured board. Let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cut into triangles and fry in hot oil turning once.
Now when I am in a hurry and I need a quick dinner I open a can of our favorite chilli,
I warm it up, put it on top of the scones, ad some sour cream, green onions and cheese,
and there I have quick delicious Navajo Tacos.
Do you want a bite?
I love to eat and I love good food.
For more delicious warm recipes check out our
For dessert make these quick lemon bars using a cake mix.
If you are a soup lover try one of these 10 Delicious Homemade Soups.
Thank you for stopping by today.
Have a delicious day friends!