This is one of our favorites Fall Recipes and
the most delicious Pumpkin Bread I’ve ever had.
The outside of the bread is crispy and the inside is moist and full of mouth watering flavor.
We love it and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Here is the recipe.
Author: The 36th AVENUE
Recipe type: Bread
Serves: 4 loaves of bread
- 5¼ Cup Flour
- 3 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Nut Meg
- 4½ Cup Sugar
- 1½ Cup Cooking oil
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Cup Pumpkin
- 1½ Cup Chpped Nuts
- 1½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Brown Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Make a hole in the middle and add the other ingredients.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into bread pans. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar and chocolate chips to taste.
- Bake at 350º F. for 50 minutes.
What I love about this recipe is that you have the option of adding chocolate chips and nuts to the dough,
and even brown sugar and chocolate chips as a topping.
It is soo good… I love Fall!
Let me know when you make your own.
For more of my recipes click HERE.
Wishing you all a delicious day!
I seriously should have cut the recipe in half. I filled a regular muffin pan (bake 20 mins), mini muffin pan (bake 15 mins), 9×5 loaf pan and 8×8 baking dish (bake 50 mins). I made a lot of modifications, too, and according to everyone that’s tried it so far, it all came out great:
1. replace 5 1/4 cups flour with 3cups whole wheat flour + 2 1/4 cups cake flour + 1 1/2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
2. increase cinnamon to 4 tsp
3. replace 4 1/2 cups sugar with 3 cups granulated sugar + 1 cup packed light brown sugar
4. replace 1 1/2 cups cooking oil with 1/2 cup cooking oil + 2 sticks (1 cup) softened butter
5. replace 1 cup water with 1 cup buttermilk
Oh, and I did add the optional chocolate chips and walnuts. Conclusion: The muffins were just so-so. I think the fact that the loaf pan and baking dish had to bake for so long was what made them way better because the bread actually has a chance to form a nice crispy crust whereas the muffins are just soft and fluffy all around. And next time instead of cake flour I would just use all-purpose flour and cut the gluten added in half so the bread comes out a little more dense.
Love your recipes! Can’t wait to make this one. Love the idea of more than one loaf. What size baking pans would you suggest to get the most of this? Thank you!
Awesome Pumpkin Loaf. I cut the recipe in half and I was able to make 2 loaves and 6 muffins. I omitted the chocolate chips and doubled up on the spices. I also pinned it to my favorite recipes! Thank you so much for posting this!!