Hello to all my friends at the 36th AVENUE! I just can’t believe it is November… where did the year go? Now, that winter is knocking at the door I’m excited to share this keep-you-warm-and-snuggly Italian Gnocchi Soup Recipe today.
Italian Sausage Gnocchi Soup is so simple to make and a savory delight…
it can’t help but hit the spot!
- 1 (4.5 oz) link hot turkey Italian sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14oz) can fat-free, less sodium beef broth (or 1C water and 1 beef bouillon cube)
- 1 (14½ oz) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 Tbsp dry Italian Seasoning mix
- 1 (16 oz) package vacuum-packed gnocchi
- ½ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Cook sausage in a large Dutch oven (or stock pot) over medium high heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add water, beef broth, tomatoes, Italian seasoning to pot; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add gnocchi simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until float to the top of the pot.
- Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle each serving evenly with cheese.
Italian Sausage Gnocchi Soup is a favorite of mine- I can’t get enough of those delicious little potato pasta’s! Mmmm hmmm
Winter means soup time around our house and I hope you’ll enjoy a couple of these other soup recipes this winter too
Thank you so much for letting me visit with you today. I hope these winter soups will help keep you cozy warm all winter long!
Thank you so much Ruthie for stopping by today and sharing this delicious recipe with us!
I would love for you to connect with her at www.whatscookingwithruthie.com
Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Google +
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Ruthie and Desiree
Made this tonight and it was very good! My husband even said he liked it and he pretty much despises cooked tomatoes unless they’re puréed. He’s crazy, I know. I made a few modifications. First – I doubled the recipe. Then I purchased a 1 lb pkg of mild (breastfeeding so I avoid eating too spicy) Italian sausage (not in casings) and used the full pound. Next I diced a medium yellow onion & cooked that with the sausage. Once half of it was browned, I added garlic powder & the Italian seasoning. After those modifications, I followed the rest of the recipe as written. Glad to have something simple and quick to add to our rotation. Thank you!
I made this with frozen tortellini instead of gnocchi and it turned out delicious! Thanks for a fast, easy recipe that tastes great!
Yum! I made this tonight. It was so quick and easy to make and all liked it including my 19 month old daughter! I added one extra sausage and a bit of olive oil. Super delish in this cold November day! Thank you
Oh wow – this looks delish! Can’t wait to give it a try. 🙂
Looks so cozy and yummy!! 🙂 Perfect for the holiday season.