Happy Holidays to my friends at The 36th AVENUE! I just LOVE this time of year… It makes me want to do some fill-the-kitchen-with-wonderful-aromas baking (okay… I love to do that all year long) but especially at the Holidays 🙂
Semi Homemade Cherry Pie is a decadent dessert any time of year but at the Holidays it’s hard to beat!
You’re family and friends will be SO impressed…
You’ll love how simple it is to make AND that’s a win-win in my book!
Semi Homemade Cherry Pie Recipe
- 2 (12oz) packages frozen sweet cherries
- ½ C cherry juice, reserved
- 5 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¾- 1 C sugar (depending on how sweet you like)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- ½ C oats
- ½ C flour
- ¼ C brown sugar
- ¼ C white sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp butter, cold and cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine reserved cherry juice and cornstarch in a small bowl, stir until smooth.
- Pour cherries into medium sauce pan, cut each cherry in half.
- Over medium high heat, add sugar and lemon juice to cherry halves.
- Bring to a boil, add cornstarch slurry, and boil for 3 minutes to clear the starch.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine oats, flour, sugars, and cinnamon; mix to combine.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or 2 knives until pea sized.
- Add vanilla; stir.
- Assemble pie by placing pre-made pie crust into 9 inch pie pan, crimp edges or shape into a ruffle (like photo).
- Pour filling into crust and evenly spread topping mixture on pie filling.
- Bake 45-50 minutes. Check at 25-30 minutes and cover crust with foil if getting too dark.
Semi Homemade Cherry Pie is the perfect combination of homemade taste without the mess and time of making a pie crust!
Just to make your mouths water a little bit more- here a couple of other recipes to enjoy…
Egg Nog Bundt Cake with Egg Nog Frosting
I hope each of your Holidays are Merry and Bright! Oh, and filled with lots of delicious baking too.
Thank you so much for having me visit each month. I just love Desiree… she’s amazing, as you already know 🙂
For more delicious recipes visit www.whatscookingwithruthie.com
and follow Ruthie on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Google +
This pie looks so incredibly good! Just pinned! Thanks for sharing the recipe. 🙂
I love all your recipes Ruthie. They all look so pretty and delicious!
Looks delicious! The pie crust is gorgeous!
Ruthie!! You are killing me with all of this deliciousness! Pinning!!
How yummy!! Cherry pie is my favorite kind of pie. I always ask for it for my birthday 🙂
Ruthia and Desiree, that pie looks amazing – and so do all of the other beautiful sweets! Wow! The Creme de Mint Pie is kind of calling my name! 🙂 Thank you, lovely ladies, for sharing these amazing sweet treats, because we can never have much sweetness at this time of the year! Pinning! Hope you both have a super sweet and merry day! Hugs!