Hi friends! One of our favorite family snacks are regular pretzels but today I’m bringing you my kiddos favorite, our Butterfinger Doubled Dipped Pretzels. This recipe is so good, easy to make, and fun to eat! It is perfect for the holidays and birthday parties! The butterfingers give the pretzels a delicious crunch while the caramel and the chocolate make them taste like Twix. So yummy!
You can always make the three layer pretzels for any occasion or you can always make the four layer dipped pretzels for Halloween, or choose any other colors for different Holidays!
You are going to love them!
- 14 oz. Bag of Kraft Caramels
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 Bag of Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp. Shortening
- 1 Bag of Log Pretzels
- 2 Butterfinger Bars
- * Candy Melts
- Cook caramels and water in large saucepan on medium-low heat until caramels are completely melted, stirring constantly.
- Dip pretzels in caramel; spoon additional caramel over pretzels if necessary to evenly coat them. Let excess caramel drip off and place on prepared wax paper or cooling rack.
- Place the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe dish and set the power to medium. Microwave the chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time stirring in between. When your chocolate is mostly melted, use smaller intervals of 5 to 10 seconds and stir in between until it is melted. Dip the caramel pretzels in the chocolate, again spoon additional chocolate over the pretzels if it is needed and let the excess chocolate drip off. Place them back on wax paper or cooling rack.
- Crush the Butterfingers and while the chocolate is soft sprinkle the butterfingers on top of the pretzels.
- Melt ¼ cup of each color of Candy Melts following the package directions. Use the tip of a small spoon to drizzle a small amount of each Candy Melts on the pretzels.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Here are some other recipes that we love!
Wishing you a delicious day!