Chocolate Almond Ricotta Cookies – thick, soft & chewy chocolate cookies everyone loves.
Hi friends! How are you? The holiday season is upon us & it is time to break out all the favorite recipes for family & friends. This time of year I like to not only make all our traditional favorites but also crack open grandma’s old cookbook & make some recipes I remember from childhood that we don’t have all that often anymore.
One of those recipes is this delicious version of Chocolate Almond Ricotta Cookies. I love taking grandma’s recipes & making them my own. So after re-working these a few times to get them just right, we finally created a super soft & chewy treat that everyone raves over.
The family really loves it when I remake recipes because they get to sample all the versions as I work through to get it just right. I mean, they certainly aren’t complaining as I ask them to make batch after batch disappear. They love these chocolate ricotta cookies and so do I. These make the best neighbor gifts too. Sometimes I’ll add a chocolate ganache on top with some sprinkles if I am making a plate of goodies to give away. But when it’s just our family enjoying a treat, topping these with chocolate chips and slivered almonds is just perfect.
Chocolate Almond Ricotta Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese, part skim
- ⅓ heaping cup dark chocolate baking cocoa
- 3-2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips- for mixing
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips for the tops
- ½ cup slivered almonds for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter & sugar.
- Add eggs & mix well
- Add almond & vanilla extracts - beat until just blended.
- Fold in ricotta cheese.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, & salt.
- Mix in dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies bounce back when touched lightly & the center of the cookie no longer looks moist.
- Transfer to a cookie rack to cool. Top with additional chocolate chips & slivered almonds.
Look at these babies! So thick & chewy! All that chocolate goodness just makes me want to whip up another batch right now. These will definitely be the holiday favorite for all your friends & family this year.
I hope you love them as much as we do!
Looking for more of our favorite recipes??
Have a delicious day!