Chicken Recipe : Creamy Mushroom Chicken Bake – Practically effortless dinner recipe the whole family loves!
Hi friends! How are you? Now that I’m in warmer weather mode I’m doing my best to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible. Can you relate? The weather is so nice, I just want to be out in the yard enjoying it.
So when it comes to dinner, I don’t want to make recipes that take a whole lot of effort or create a big mess to clean up afterward. Keeping it super simple is where it is at. This Creamy Mushroom Chicken Bake is a family favorite because it is so tasty, but it’s my favorite because it takes just a couple minutes to prepare for baking & only takes 1-2 dishes.
Now, you can combine these ingredients together in the casserole dish & whisk to save yourself washing an extra bowl. While I usually try to avoid making extra dirty dishes, I still prefer to whisk the ingredients together in a medium bowl first. I feel it gets mixed a bit better & the consistency is creamier.
Then you just pour it into your casserole dish & add your chicken & fried onions. Cover & bake. This chicken recipe is that simple. This is why I just love this recipe. Plus it is pretty versatile too. You could add a vegetable into the mix or swap out the cream of mushroom soup for cream of chicken or celery if you prefer. But my family is crazy for mushrooms, so this is one we make again & again.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Bake
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.75-oz) cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups regular white rice, uncooked
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 cup fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Combine cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, rice & onion soup mix in a medium bowl & whisk together.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish
- Add chicken on top of rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with fried onions
- Cover tightly with foil & bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove foil for the last 10 minutes for browning.
This chicken recipe is great for taking to a potluck too. Just cube the chicken first before baking. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Looking for more delicious dinner recipes to pair with this dish? Try these…
If you love a great and easy chicken recipe you need to try this one for sure!
Thank you for stopping by… Wishing you all a delicious day!