This Salad Recipe is amazing! There is something about chickpeas! I love them in a dip, in salads, cooked into meals… Really in every way. Chickpeas are healthy and really good source of protein.
Hello to all The 36th Avenue readers. I am Aniko from Place Of My Taste and today I am sharing a fantastic and quick Chicken Chickpea Salad recipe with you. It is January and we all have new years resolutions, including changing our diet and eating healthy, right?
If you think about it it is really not that hard. A nice salad, like this Chicken Chickpea Salad can be done in 15 minutes and it will make satisfying, healthy lunch or dinner. I always keep romaine lettuce in my refrigerator , that way we eat it every day:-)
I also always have chicken breast at home. I buy them on big batches and freeze them in smaller portions in little sandwich bags.
- 2 halves chicken breast
- chicken seasoning
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans -drained
- ½ red onion - sliced
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves - crashed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- To prepare dressing:
- Add olive oil, vinaigrette,seasoning, garlic and lemon in a bowl and stir together.
- Heat olive oil and add seasoned chicken to pan, grill it for 3-5 minutes on each side r until golden brown.
- While chicken is cooking, place salad, tomatoes, onions, celery, beans and feta in big bowl.
- Serve salad with dressing topped with grilled chicken stripes.
Colorful salad that is high in fiber and is so great for you!
If you lhealthy salads you may also like this
or this easy
Hop over to come see what room I am working on right now:
Thank you for reading today! Hope you all have a fantastic start for the new year!
Find Aniko on…