This Candy Cane Chocolate Loaves Recipe is delicious and very easy to make. If you love chocolate recipes this one is going to become one of your favorites. Make sure to pin it and add it to your Christmas Recipe book. These candy cane chocolate loaves are one of those somethings I like to slice and share. There’s just something about peppermint and chocolate that tastes so fine.
During the holidays I like to share with neighbors and friends something that’s a little unique; that’s not just your ordinary run-of-the-mill holiday treat you expect to receive. If anyone loves Jr. Mints, then you know what I’m talking about! By using your leftover candy canes, you’ll create incredible chocolate loaves drizzled in white chocolate that will make anyone drool.
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1⅔ cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 3 tablespoons crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat three 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until fine and crumbly. Add in egg whites, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, vanilla and peppermint extracts and beat until smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, soda, and salt. Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the wet ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips and divide batter evenly between prepared loaf pans (about ½ way up)
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center of the loaves comes out clean. Let rest in the pan for about 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt together white chocolate and shortening for 30 seconds. Mix and return to the microwave to repeat process, if necessary until completely melted and of a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over loaves and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
For a lighter and fluffier loaf, lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off instead of scooping it into the cup and packing it in.
Thank you, Desiree, for allowing me to share in your space this month! I hope you enjoy this quick bread!
More Christmas Recipes?
Click HERE —> The Best Christmas Recipes
Thin Mint Dip – Recipe HERE
One of my favorite dips!
Wishing you all a delicious day!