Not only is it deliciously sweet and flavorful, but it’s also the perfect color for Valentine’s Day! And best of all….it couldn’t be easier to make. It would make a great gift for teachers, neighbors, or co-workers – all you need is a mason jar and some cute fabric or ribbon, and you’re all set!
A lovely little Valentine’s Day gift for all the lovely people in your life. Such a fun day to look forward to!!
Homemade Strawberry Applesauce
- 8 c. peeled, chopped apples
- 4 c. fresh or frozen strawberries
- ½ c. water (or 1 c. for thinner consistency)
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until fruit is soft and you are able to mash it with a potato masher.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Transfer applesauce to a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Well, friends…..thanks so much for having me today! I hope you have a great start to the new year and a fun, delicious time looking forward to Valentine’s Day!! See you again soon!
Until then…..here are some more fun Valentine’s Day ideas for you!