This Raspberry White Chocolate Pound Cake is the perfect way to start your day. The combination of fresh raspberries and melted white chocolate is simply delicious!
Hi everyone! It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co. again. It’s almost Valentine’s Day!!! My focus on most holidays is to make it memorable for my kids. I think it’s fun to make the whole day special from start to finish. So I created a yummy little treat to share with loved ones for a great Valentine breakfast. Having a special breakfast sets the tone for the rest of the day & really says “I LOVE YOU” to all you share it with. I love a good pound cake (well- I really love all cake) & knew I wanted to start with that for this breakfast treat. But then I had to throw in some special ingredients to make it SCREAM – Valentine Breakfast.
What is it about pound cake that says “don’t worry that it’s cake, it’s okay to have it for breakfast”? Or is that just me?? Yep- I’m a firm believer in cake for breakfast. Why not start your day of with a smile?! Besides- then I have all day to work it off. Or at least that’s the reasoning behind it. Sometimes that doesn’t always work out. But at least in these cold winter months I can justify it by a few hours of shoveling the driveway later on. Soooo- anyhow…. I enjoyed every single bite. The hubs was terribly sad that I only made one. He has already put in a special request for several more to share again on Valentine’s Day.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter- room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray large loaf pan with Bakers Joy (I highly recommend this product for all cakes)
- In mixer- cream together your sugar & butter. Beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs - one at a time & beating in-between each addition
- Scrape bowl down. Add lemon juice & vanilla
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Top with sour cream & then beat to combine - do not over mix.
- Gently fold in raspberries & white chocolate chips by hand with large spatula
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 60- 80 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
- Cool on wire rack at least 10 minutes before removing from pan & then continue to cool on wire rack until room temperature before cutting.
Thank you Desiree for allowing me to share your space again today.
See you all next month!
Want More Raspberry Recipes?