Hello-hello The 36th Avenue Readers! Hope all of you are having a wonderful November. Isn’t it crazy how fast Christmas is approaching? I have not started Christmas shopping just yet and I just shared my very first Christmas project yesterday but I know many of you are off to shopping already when there is a little extra free time available. For those busy nights when you are off to get your Christmas shopping done I have a fantastic and easy Mushroom chicken skillet recipe for ya.
We love mushroom in our house… or at least the boys and I do. Daddy is not a huge fan but it won’t stop me to making recipes with mushroom. My boys love mushroom steamed with onions, baked, fried and they also loved this chicken skillet so much when I made it the other night. So easy to put together and the juicy, creamy sauce will please every mushroom and chicken lover.
Ready for the recipe?
- 8 chicken thighs
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces portabello mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large skillet (oven-proof) heat 2 tablespoons butter. Add chicken and bake both sides for 4 minutes, until golden brown. ( Leave skin on if preferred)
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 5-6 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken broth and spices. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place skillet into oven and roast until completely cooked through, for about 25 minutes.
- Set aside chicken; reserving juices in the pan.
- Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan and mustard and fresh parsley. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes
- Serve chicken immediately, topped with mushroom mixture and a hint of fresh parsley.
- Serve chicken immediately, topped with mushroom mixture.
I hope you will love this recipe as much as we do. It is definitely a keeper for us:-)
You may like my other favorite dinner recipe as well:
And if you are ready to see some inspiration for Christmas decor, check out my beautiful
or my favorite projects from last year:
Thank you for reading today, it is always a pleasure to be here:-)
We love Aniko’s recipes and blog so much!
You can also find Place Of My Taste on…