Hi again- everybody at The 36th avenue!
It’s Ruthie from What’s Cooking with Ruthie
and I’m excited to share this delicious recipe with you today!
I don’t know about you all but I love a delicious Breakfast Scone AND when it’s a healthier recipe
I love them that much more…
Skinny Cranberry-Orange Scones
- 3¼ C flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ C butter, cold
- 4oz neufatchel cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ C light agave
- ¾ C lowfat milk
- ¼ C fresh orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 C dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter and neufatchel cream cheese until resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl mix egg, agave, milk, orange juice, orange zest.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in liquid; stir just until moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (will be sticky).
- Knead in cranberries until just combined.
- Shape into a circle a ½ inch thick.
- Slice into 8 wedges.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack.
I absolutely love cranberries and orange together…
so naturally I ate almost everyone of these Skinny Cranberry Orange Scones myself 🙂
I hope you all enjoy them as much as I did!
I know I always say this but I love Ruthie as a blogger and I consider her a friend.
She is the sweets woman and I would love for you to visit her blog.
Here are some other amazing recipes from What’s Cooking with Ruthie.
I also want to invite you to follow her on
Thank you so much to all for sharing this delicious day with us!
Ruthie and Desirée