Hello to all of The 36th Avenue’s friends…
It’s Ruthie here from What’s Cooking with Ruthie back to share another delicious recipe!
It’s that time of year when we’re all trying to shred a few of those winter pounds…
I try to make my recipes as healthy as possible without sacrificing any flavor 🙂
These delicious Healthy Omega 3 Cookies that I’m sharing with you today are a fabulous example…
Healthy Omega 3 Cookie Recipe
- 7 C Rolled Oats
- 2½ C whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking soada
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 2 C Applesauce
- ¼ C melted butter
- 2 C light brown sugar or stevia in the raw equivalent
- 4 large eggs
- 2 C (8oz) Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 2 C Dried cranberrries
- 1 C chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C sliced almonds
- ¼ C milled flax seed
- In a large mixing bowl combine applesauce, melted butter and sugar or stevia, eggs and vanilla mix well.
- Add flour mix well Add baking powder and salt mix well.
- Add chocolate, cranberries, and nuts.
- Add oats in three small batches mixing thoroughly between batches.
- Do not overmix Bake at 350 for 12-15 min or until edges are crispy
Store in airtight container Dough can be frozen for two months or last one week in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy these Healthy Omega 3 Cookies they taste amazing and I just LOVE dark chocolate with cranberries…
YUM! While we’re thinking about Healthy Delicious recipes here are a couple more for you to enjoy…
Thanks so much for having me today… it’s so much fun to visit with you each month!
I love Ruthie so much!
She is a wonderful cook and a great person.
I am trying to do better with my diet and have a healthier lifestyle.
Ruthie has a ton of healthy low fat recipes on her blog that at the same time are delicious.
Her weight loss story is truly inspirational.
Make sure to stop by and visit with her at www.whatscookingwithruthie.com
Have a delicious day my friends!