I remember the first time I went to eat Mexican food asking myself what is guacamole?
I had never eaten Mexican food until I moved to the United States and since then it has become my favorite.
This guacamole recipe is easy and fast to make.
We call it the best guacamole ever because it has a few ingredients that we think make it special.
After you make homemade guacamole you will never try store bought again!
The first thing you want to do is to take out or empty the avocado.
The easiest way to do this is to cut the avocado in half.
Stab the seed with a knife and twist until it comes out of the avocado.
I have found that the easiest way to scoop it out is with a spoon.
If I have guests for dinner I don’t throw away the avocado skin.
I actually scoop avocado inside to make individual size portions for each plate…
It looks adorable!
OK, here is our best guacamole recipe.
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Tb. Fresh Lemon Juice.
- ½ of a large tomato or 1 small tomato
- 1 to 2 Green Onions
- 1 Tb. Fresh Chopped Cilantro.
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Chipotle Chile
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop the avocado out.
- In a large plate smash the avocado with the help of a fork.
- Add the lemon juice, green onions, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Add the spices and salt.
- Mix all together and taste.
- You may need to add a little more of the spices depending on the size of the avocados.
- Serve right away.
We like to eat it with tortilla chips as a snack…
…or serve it to the side to complement fajitas or even hamburgers.
It is always a hit!
I hope you give it a try… This would be a perfect recipe for El 5 de Mayo!
Have a delicious day my friends!