Good Morning all my friends at The 36th AVENUE! I’m excited to share a treat with you today that has the deliciousness of all the Holidays wrapped up in it! Our Gingerbread Popcorn is a fun winter treat that you and your family will love while watching the classic holiday shows.
I remember loving to watch Frosty the Snowman and Snoopy’s Christmas with my kiddos when they were little, this recipe will make those memories that much sweeter!
- 14 C popped popcorn (approx ½ C un-popped)
- ¾ C dark brown sugar
- ½ C butter
- ¼ C light karo syrup
- ¼ C molasses
- 1¼ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine dark brown sugar, butter, light karo, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Boil while constantly stirring for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and baking soda- soda will foam.
- Quickly pour over popcorn and toss to coat.
- Let cool; stirring every 2-3 minutes to separate while cooling.
Enjoy even MORE holiday deliciousness with some of our other family favorites…
I hope all your Holidays are Merry and Bright!
Much Love and Peace~ Ruthie