As many of you know I was born in one of the small islands from the Canary Islands.
Seafood has always been a part of our family and this is one of my personal favorite appetizers.
We call it “Gambas al Ajillo” which translated is Garlic Shrimp.
For this recipe you can use any size of shrimp, with or without the shell, raw or precooked.
I personally like to buy my shrimp with the shell on.
I think they give more flavor to any dish that way.
Anyways, here is Garlic Shrimp Recipe.
- 6 to 8 Large Shrimp
- 1 Tb Extra Virgen Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- ¼ tsp. Sweet paprika
- Hot Pepper Flakes
- Sea salt to taste
- In a pan heat the oil.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the sweet paprika and stir fry it until it changes to a salmon color.
- Add a little more olive oil if necessary and also add the minced garlic to the shrimp. Cook all together until it turns golden.
- Add the hot pepper flakes and sea salt to taste.
- Cook for a few more minutes and serve right away.
I hope you give it a try.
They are delicious!
Also check out these 25 Delicious Appetizers.
They all look great!
And with St. Patrick’s Day around the corner click here for these St. Patrick’s Day Recipes.
Wishing you all a yummy weekend!
DON'T MISS A THING... FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!