Hello to all of the 36th AVENUE’s friends!
It’s Ruthie from What’s Cooking with Ruthie.com
and I’m SO happy to be here with all of you!
Lately, we’ve had some crazy cold weather around our neck of the woods- which put me in the mood to share something warm and cozy this month!
I hope this soup recipe will hit that warm and cozy spot for all of you too…
Chicken Pot Pie Soup! YUM!!
Here is the Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 1 disk refrigerated pie dough freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp plus a pinch of poultry seasoning
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts- cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tsp sea salt,
- Divided 3 stalks chopped celery,
- chopped 1 medium onion,
- ¼ C flour
- 2 C water
- 3 C chicken broth (or 3 C water and 3 chicken bouillons)
- 1 C half and half
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 (10oz) package frozen mixed peas and carrots
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with pepper and a pinch of poultry seasoning; cut into 6 triangles. Bake until puffed and golden about 10 minutes.
- In a large stock pot melt butter, add chicken, cook stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes. Remove chicken to small bowl and set aside.
- Add celery, onion, flour, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp poultry seasoning to stock pot.
- Cook stirring 1 minute. Stir in 2 C water, broth, half and half, potatoes; cover and bring to simmer.
- Simmer partially covered for 10 minutes. Add chicken and frozen peas and carrots.
- Return to boil for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Divide among 6 bowls and top with pie crust triangle. Serve!
*this recipe was adapted from Food Network Magazine Dec 2012
Chicken Pot Pie Soup ia a delicious soup that will be sure to please the whole family
plus it’s quick and easy to thrrow together for a week night supper!
Thanks so much for letting me share a little of what’s been cooking in my kitchen with all of you today…
stop by and visit with me at What’s Cooking with Ruthie.com anytime!
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Oh this sounds great for one of these cold winter evenings.
While we are thinking about warm and cozy soup recipes– here are a couple more for you to enjoy!
Ruthie’s blog has a ton of wonderful recipes that you are going to love.
Make sure to stop by What’s Cooking with Ruthie.com and
Thank you Ruthie you are awesome!
Have a delicious day everyone!