Hello, sweet readers of The 36th Avenue and Happy New year to all! It’s Aniko from Place Of My Taste. One of my old time favorite sweets is Cocoa Rolls. Oh my goodness! Whenever my mom and my mother in law comes to visit this is our #1 recipe. Today I am going to share this easy and yummy treat with you all. I think you are going to love my Whole Wheat Cocoa Rolls!
I hope that your new year had a great start, and you are achieving your goals already! Well, one thing I said this year is that we are going to switch to organic and whole wheat cooking. Oh yeah. I already use whole wheat flour for a lot of recipes but this year I am going to try to ONLY use whole wheat flour for cooking and baking. One of the main differences between white and whole wheat flour is the fiber intake. Whole wheat flour has a lot more fiber and let’s just face it that is a lot healthier.
I just made this recipe the other day. I put this together in 10 minutes. The only thing is that you need to wait for the dough to rise for about 30 to 40 minutes. I like to double rise it for another 25 minutes since the dough turns a lot lighter this way!
- 4 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ¼ cup sugar ( you can add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1-2 tbs oil
- 3 pkg of dry yeast
- 1½ cup milk
- For filling:
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder ( I use dark cocoa)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Heat milk to lukewarm and add 1 tbsp sugar. Pour 3 pkg dry yeast. Set aside and let the yeast rise for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour and the remaining sugar and add butter.
- Add yeast and milk mix gradually to the flour mix until you can form a dough.
- Set aside and let the dough rise for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, work the dough again and leave it for another 30 minutes to rise.(to get the best result)
- On floured surface, roll out the dough to a square form. Spread the oil on the dough and sprinkle the cocoa and sugar onto it. Roll up the dough and cut about an inch thick slices.
- Place the rolls on baking sheet and bake it for about 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the rolls cool off and sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
Oh yum! These cocoa rolls are just phenomenal with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk. Your family will LOVE these! If you are looking for other great healthy recipes check out this amazing
…or for decor inspiration, be sure to check out my NEUTRAL ENTRYWAY DECOR
I also wanted to let you all know that I’m close to publishing a Photography eBook for Bloggers… SO EXCITED! If you would like to get deets of the launch and info of the book you can sign up with your e-mail HERE! Have a fabulous January! See you next month!
Follow me on INSTAGRAM for daily dose of inspiration!