Year ago while living in Madrid I had the chance to have the best white rice I had ever tasted.
This rice was made by an amazing lady from the Dominican Republic named Elsa.
She told me that there was a simple trick to the perfect rice and I must say that she was right!
Today I am not sharing with you her delicious Dominican Rice but
three simple steps to perfect and delicious white rice.
1. Toast it!
2. Cover with food plastic wrap.
3. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Here is how to do it… White Rice Recipe
- 2 Cups of White Rice
- 4 Cups Water
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgen Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Parsley Optional
- In a medium pot heat up oil and toast the rice with the garlic and salt until the rice changes color to a bright white golden tone. If you like it more toasted brown it a bit more.
- Add water and stir the rice and let it boil. IMPORTANT: After boiling DO NOT STIR RICE AGAIN.
- When the water is boiling turn the heat down to medium and cover the top of the pot with plastic wrap and tightly with the lid.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove plastic wrap and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
You are going to love this recipe.
I like to sprinkle the rice with a little bit of parsley to add some color to the dish…
I love to serve this rice with this delicious Fiesta Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe.
You can click here and make them both for dinner!
For dessert? Click here and try our easy Three Layers No Bake Chocolate Pie!
Ready in minutes!
Have a delicious day my friends!
This was really good. I stood guard over the pot anticipating it to overflow and it never did. Must have been the plastic wrap. Thanks for sharing.
This looks so tasty! I only slightly love rice. My brother and I joke that we would have no problem on Survivor since rice is one of both of our favorite foods!
Wow- I’m definitely going to try this Desi. Thanks!!