Hi everyone! Our friends from Johnsonville are visiting with us today and we are bringing you our delicious Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe. This breakfast casserole is perfect for the weekends and of course the holiday season. Each serving is packed with all the comforting flavors you love to have in a breakfast meal. Each bite has hash-browns, scrambled eggs, cheese, flaky layers of biscuits, and of course my favorite mouth watering Johnsonville breakfast sausage. Take a look!
I love making this breakfast casserole especially on Christmas morning and also when I have family visiting our home. You can use any of your favorite fresh Johnsonville Fresh Breakfast Sausage links to make this casserole. They come in three flavors, the Original, Vermont Maple Syrup and Brown Sugar & Honey. I used the original sausages and it turned out perfect!
It’s so darn good… I can’t wait for you to try it!
Ready for the recipe?
Here we go!
- 2 12oz. Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 8 Eggs
- 1 16oz. Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layer Biscuits
- 1 26oz. Hash Brown Bag
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 4 Tbs. Oil
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Place biscuits 1 to 2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until golden.
- While the biscuits are baking heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the hash browns and cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Decase the sausages adding pressure and squishing the contents out into a heated skillet. Brown the ground sausage and drain it in a colander.
- Beat eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl until blended. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until it melts. Pour egg mixture and make scrambled eggs.
- Layer the casserole in this order: First spread the hash browns on the bottom of a 9x11 baking pan and sprinkle the top with ½ cup of cheese.
- Place the baked biscuits on top.
- Then the sausage and eggs and sprinkle the remaining cheese.
- Covered the casserole with aluminum foil paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve while hot with syrup on the side.
Now I want to make another one!
Pour some syrup… And enjoy it!
So good my friends… Soooo goood!
Don’t miss a thing and make sure to follow Johnsonville around!
Click below, Johnsonville is social!
Thank you so much for stopping by… Wishing you all a delicious day!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville Italian Sausage. The opinions and text are all mine.