These Oatmeal Cookies are somewhat healthy and super delicious. Knowing that they are made with oatmeal makes me feel less guilty while my kids are eating them. I love to throw together a batch of easy cookie dough to make some yummy snacks for the boys.
Cookies? Anytime in my house! We went to my friend’s house a few months ago, and she had these fantastic oatmeal cookies out for us to try. I quickly asked her for the recipe and here we go. I make these cookies ever since when we are craving for something good. I bet these oatmeal cookies are gonna be your kids favorites.
The original recipe calls for 1 cup brown and 1 cup white sugar, but I used only 1 cup brown total and it is sweet enough. Even too sweet for us. You can add more sugar depending of your taste.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Add a handful of chocolate chips to make it more AWESOME!
- Combine beaten eggs, raisins, and vanilla. Cover and chill for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. 5.Add the creamed mixture and stir.
- Add the chilled egg and raisin mixture, then add rolled oats and pecans.(if you add chocolate chips, add it to the mix now)
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake for about 12-12 minutes, until the edges are golden.
- Allow cookies to cool on wire rack completely.