There is nothing like a warm bowl of homemade soup! Today I’m sharing with you my favorite One Pot Meatball Italian Soup Recipe. This soup is super easy to make and I love that in just 30 minutes I can have dinner ready to serve for my family! For my soup I like to use Johnsonville® Classic Italian Style Meatballs. Have you ever had them? If not you must try them! You can find them in your grocer’s freezer aisles and the best part is that they come already seasoned and fully cooked! I always like to have a bag handy in my freezer for busy days like today when I don’t have much time to make dinner!
Johnsonville Meatballs come in three different flavors: Classic Italian, Three Cheese, and Homestyle. You can’t go wrong with any of them since all three are delicious! You can simply toss your favorite meatballs into a slow-cooker, skillet or oven, and within minutes you can add a warm & flavorful protein to your favorite pasta dish, pizza, soup or sub sandwich.
For this recipe we are going to be using the Classic Italian Style Meatballs… They are perfect for this soup!
Are we ready?
Let’s do this!
- 1 bag Johnsonville® Classic Italian Style Meatballs
- 4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup uncooked noodles or favorite pasta
- 1 (14.5 oz.) Italian Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 large leek
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spring thyme
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt and black pepper
- Place meatballs in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on the defrost setting for a couple of minutes until meatballs are defrosted but not hot to the touch.
- Thinly slice the white and light-green parts of the leek only. Cut carrots into bite size pieces. Peel and chop garlic.
- Heat one Tb. oil over medium high. Add meatballs and cook until lightly browned for around three minutes.
- Add remaining oil, the garlic, leek, black pepper, a pinch of salt, and thyme. Cook until the leek is translucent for about 3 minutes.
- Drain the stewed tomatoes and save the juice. Chop the tomatoes in small pieces and add to the pot. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, incorporating all the veggies, tomatoes, and meatballs together.
- Add beef broth and tomato juice to the pot and carefully stir all ingredients together. Bring broth to boil. Add milk and bring to boil.
- Add 1 cup of your favorite pasta and bring to boil. Cover and cook on medium low temperature until pasta is fully cooked.
- Serve while hot.
Most of my greatest and precious memories growing up come from sharing a meal with my family. Dinner time for us was family time, a time to talk, to share what happened during our day, a time when we could laugh, and simply hang out with the people we loved the most. I think my love for cooking and entertaining come from those childhood days. Now, all these years later , there is still nothing that I enjoy more than sitting down around the table with my own kiddos and husband and share a homemade meal together. It is easy recipes like this one that make dinner time possible for us!
Give it a try! It’s as easy as ONE…
Thank you so much to you all and our friends from Johnsonville for hanging out with me today!
Make sure to click below… Johnsonville is social!
Wishing you all a delicious day!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville Italian Sausage. The opinions and text are all mine.