Hi again- everybody at The 36th avenue!
It’s Ruthie from What’s Cooking with Ruthie
and I’m excited to share this delicious recipe with you today!
I don’t know about you all but I love a delicious Breakfast Scone AND when it’s a healthier recipe
I love them that much more…
Skinny Cranberry-Orange Scones
Skinny Cranberry Orange Scones
Author: Ruthie @ What's Cooking with Ruthie
- 3¼ C flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ C butter, cold
- 4oz neufatchel cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ C light agave
- ¾ C lowfat milk
- ¼ C fresh orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 C dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter and neufatchel cream cheese until resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl mix egg, agave, milk, orange juice, orange zest.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in liquid; stir just until moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (will be sticky).
- Knead in cranberries until just combined.
- Shape into a circle a ½ inch thick.
- Slice into 8 wedges.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on rack.
I absolutely love cranberries and orange together…
so naturally I ate almost everyone of these Skinny Cranberry Orange Scones myself 🙂
I hope you all enjoy them as much as I did!
I know I always say this but I love Ruthie as a blogger and I consider her a friend.
She is the sweets woman and I would love for you to visit her blog.
Here are some other amazing recipes from What’s Cooking with Ruthie.
Strawberry Soup with Angel Food Cake Croutons
I also want to invite you to follow her on
Thank you so much to all for sharing this delicious day with us!
Ruthie and Desirée
Always looking for good tasting healthy Recipies!