Hello Everyone! It’s Aniko from Place Of My Taste. Are you guys ready for Christmas shopping and decorating? I am digging out all my Christmas decor from the attic, and I am slowly putting my mind into Christmas mood. It’s crazy how fast this year flew by. But I know, we say that each year, right? One of my favorite hot drinks this time of the year is HOT CHOCOLATE, and I’m bringing the best hot chocolate recipe for you all today.
Who is with me? Hot chocolate and I are really good friends. My kids love it so much especially if I serve it with these cute marshmallow balls. Who would resist this yummy drink?
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 split vanilla bean
- 10 ounces semisweet (or milk) chocolate chips
- Marshmallows for serving (optional)
- Place milk in a saucepan and heat to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; strain, and return to pot.
- Reheat milk.
- Stir in chocolate until melted and milk is frothy. Serve immediately and garnish with marshmallows.
You can make a big batch of it and store it in a Thermos, or you can just make as much as you use immediately.
This time of the year is all about family. This yummy hot chocolate will be a great addition to our game nights or movie nights with some delicious cookies in my new LIVING ROOM. If you haven’t seen my fun room makeover, be sure to hop over and check it out!
Here is my other favorite hot chocolate with peppermint added.
And how about these adorable cookies? Yum! MELTED SNOWMAN COOKIES Thank you for having me sweet Desi! See you all next month!
great recipe! sounds delicious! perfect for this cold weather we’ve been having!