There is something about Chocolate Pate. The consistency, the flavor- I am not sure what, but it is addictive.:-) Hello The36th Avenue readers.It’s Aniko from Place Of My Taste and it is time for me to share another great recipe with you all. Valentine day is just over, I know -and you may have eaten all your chocolate that you got from your loved ones already. I could not help but bring this fantastic Chocolate Almond Pate dessert on the menu today.
We were on vacation last week and we went to this unique, authentic Italian restaurant where I had the best Chocolate Pate as a dessert. Oh, boy. I could not think of anything all the way home but this yummy dessert so I searched for the recipe as soon as I got home and made it for my family.
You can leave out the almond if you wish, but I think that gives a nice, crunchy twist to it.
This dessert is probably the easiest one that I have ever done. Only need a few ingredients and a couple of hours to freeze it.
- 250 g dark sweetened chocolate
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh raspberries (for garnish)
- almond (optional )
- powdered sugar ( for garnish)
- Raspberry Sauce:
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tbs sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbs corn strach
- Microwave the chocolate (in chunks or pieces). Once the chocolate is melted,add butter, and sugar in large bowl stirring occasionally.
- Once smooth, cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- With a spatula, fold the cream into the dark chocolate.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, so sides and bottom are covered.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the loaf pan, smoothing the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, carefully remove the pate from the loaf pan and place on work surface. Then slice the pate (at least ½ inch pieces) with a hot thin-bladed knife and place on dessert plate. Serve with raspberry sauce and fresh raspberries, garnish with powdered sugar.
- Raspberry Sauce:
- Bring raspberries, sugar in a bowl and bring it to boil. To thicken the sauce add 1 tbs corn starch.
An amazing sweet bite for finishing your dinner.
Also great and pretty looking sweet to serve for any parties or get togethers.
One thing to remember for: Make sure you keep the pate in your freezer, only take out as much as you serve right before serving it.
If you liked this wonderful dessert, you may also like
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Thank you for letting me share my love for sweets here today, Desire! See you all in a bit!