Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for anyone that loves a hearty cookie loaded with goodness & yet won’t break the diet. These are simple to make, delicious to eat & perfect for sharing too.
Hello, there my 36th Avenue friends. It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co. & I’m so excited to be here today to share my new cookie obsession, Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. The family loves oatmeal cookies. But I really prefer chocolate chip. I certainly couldn’t make both because I’m also trying to be good about counting points & not overindulging. So I decided to put a twist on an old favorite & pack my traditional oatmeal cookies full of dark chocolate & cranberries. But I kept them on the skinny side by using whole wheat flour & honey too. These are by far the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I have made to date.
Do you know what I really love about these cookies? They have enough healthy stuff in them that I can justify having them alongside my morning cup of jo. I only did that one day, I promise. But really, you can’t go wrong with oatmeal cookies loaded with all the yummy ingredients like dark chocolate, honey & cinnamon. Adding a twist like cranberries instead of raisins made these not only the perfect fall cookie, but the perfect cookie recipe to serve at all the upcoming holiday festivities. I can’t wait to share these with friends & extended family.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour (spooned & leveled)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp table salt
- ¼ cup butter- melted & cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1-1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment & set aside
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt butter & set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt- set aside
- Add vanilla & eggs to cooled butter & whisk well
- Whisk in honey
- Add dry ingredients & stir together with a large spatula until just combined
- Fold in dark chocolate chips & cranberries
- Cover & place in freezer for about 15-20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Shape dough into 30-36 cookies & place on prepared baking sheets approx 2" apart
- Bake at 325 for 11-13 minutes or until brown around the edges
- When you remove from the oven, immediately press several mini chocolate chips into each cookie & allow to cool on baking sheet several minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies are the perfect way to kick off the fall season. I can’t wait to enjoy them with a cup of hot cider by the fire soon.
Looking for more of our favorite fall recipes?
Salted Caramel Sugar Cookie Cups
Gina has a New EASY FAMILY RECIPE BOOK
…and I can tell you it is delicious!
Click HERE to get your Paperback Copy
or HERE to get your e-book!
You are going to love it as much as I do!
These sound fabulous!! I’m always looking for ways to sneak whole wheat flour into my family. 😉
Thank you so much Desi!!!!!!! Love you to pieces!!!
You are very welcome… Thank YOU so much for sharing!