Hello to all of the 36th AVENUE’s friends!
It’s Ruthie from What’s Cooking with Ruthie.com
and I’m SO happy to be here with all of you!
At our house we love banana’s- in fact I have to keep them stocked up just like milk or my kids think it’s time to go to the store!
BUT, every once in awhile… some of our banana’s get a little too ripe.
I like to save the over-ripe ones to make these
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Banana Cookies!
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 6 Tbsp neufatchel cream cheese
- ½ C granulated sugar
- ½ C brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ C mashed overripe banana (approx 1)
- 1 C old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 C milk chocolate chips
- 1 C cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl; combine dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl; combine butter and sugar and the cream cheese.
- Add egg, vanilla, and banana; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Hand stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop onto sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and set.
* I adapted and skinnied this cookie recipe from Six Sisters’ Stuff.com
Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect recipe to use up those over-ripe bananas!
I hope you all love these cookies as much as we do… they freeze really well too!
I love visiting to share recipes with you each month… thanks so much for having me!
Have I told you that Ruthie is one of my favorite people in the world?
She is such a beautiful woman in and out.
I would love for you to stop by her blog and check out a couple of other recipes that you may enjoy
Wishing you all a delicious day!
Ruthie and Desirée