With Spring here and Easter just around the corner I thought to share with you one of our favorite recipes for this time of the year, our Carrot Bread with chocolate chips and Brown Sugar Almond Glaze. This bread recipe is delicious and for sure a family favorite.
This bread is super moist and the chocolate touch is always a plus!
However my favorite thing is the Brown Sugar Almond Glaze.
So darn good!
Carrot Bread Recipe
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Cups Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- 2 Cups Shredded Carrots
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tb Water
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- Cream butter with sugar and eggs.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Dissolve the baking soda in warm water and add to mixture.
- Blend in the shredded carrots and chocolate chips.
- Bake on well greased pan at 325 F for 1 hour.
- GLAZE: Mix brown sugar, water and almond extract in a sauce pan. Stir until the mixture comes to a boil. Spread on top of the bread.
Wrap the bread with a few coffee filters and baker’s twine and you have the cutest homemade gift.
Feel free to print our Easter Tags to wish your friends and family a Happy Easter!
You can find more sizes and colors HERE.
Now that I’ve shared my Easter recipe, some of my favorite creative friends and I are pleased to invite YOU to wow us with yours!
The Easter-themed Year of Celebrations Pinterest party will be held this Sunday, March 30, and y’all are all cordially invited to join in!
- Amy from The Idea Room // Follow Amy on Pinterest
- Amy from Positively Splendid // Follow Amy on Pinterest
- Cheryl from TidyMom // Follow Cheryl on Pinterest
- Cindy from Skip to My Lou // Follow Cindy on Pinterest
- Desiree from The 36th Avenue That’s Me 😉 // Follow Me on Pinterest
- Heather from Whipperberry // Follow Heather on Pinterest
- Jen from Tatertots and Jello // Follow Jen on Pinterest
- Kari Ann from Thistlewood Farms // Follow Kari Ann on Pinterest
- Kellie from Nest of Posies // Follow Kellie on Pinterest
- Kristi and Kelli from Lolly Jane // Follow Lolly Jane on Pinterest
- Melissa from No. 2 Pencil // Follow Melissa on Pinterest
- Mique from 30 Handmade Days // Follow Mique on Pinterest
- Tauni from SNAP! // Follow Tauni on Pinterest
The monthly Year of Celebrations Pinterest Party is the place to find THE most comprehensive, inspiring Pinterest board on the block. Each and every month, we’ll be focusing on a different holiday or celebration, and this month is all about Easter! Here are all of the details for how YOU can participate:
What: A Pinterest Party to celebrate all things Easter!
When: THIS Sunday, March 30 at 9 p.m. EST/ 8 p.m. Central/ 7 p.m. MST/ 6 p.m. PST
How you can participate:
- Round up YOUR favorite Easter projects and recipes. Anything goes: crafts, decor, sweet treats, and more!
Follow the Year of Celebrations Pinterest board.
- When the party kicks off, tweet YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day project and/or link using the hashtag #yearofcelebrations. Helpful hint: We highly recommend putting the hashtag at the beginning of your tweet to ensure it doesn’t get cut off.
- On Sunday, March 30, tune in at the appointed time and watch as we build a board full of amazing ideas – including yours!
- Be sure to follow along during the party to repin and comment on the board’s posts using the hashtag #yearofcelebrations.
We are so excited to PIN and SHARE all of your amazing projects!
See y’all there!
This looks amazing. I LOVE carrot desserts, mmm…
Thank you ladies… Miss you both!
Such a lovely idea and the bread looks amazing! The coffee filter is genius and so pretty!
Looks delicious! Love the tag also!
Yummy! I can’t wait to make this!
Oh my – chocolate chips & brown sugar glaze – I’m all over that. YUM. Excited to see the Pinterest party – that’s always inspiring.
drooling!!! definitely going to have to try this one!!