Good morning to all my friends at the 36th AVENUE !
It’s Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie … I’m so happy to be here sharing a delightful recipe with y’all.
Blueberry Streusel Muffins are a wonderful breakfast or brunch in the spring-time!
This recipe could easily be adapted with the berries you like best. It’s delightful with raspberries or even chunks of strawberries work too! I usually go with what’s on sale and they always turn out fantastic 🙂
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp fat-free greek yogurt
- ⅓ C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 C all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 C milk
- 1-1/2 C fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ C sugar
- ⅓ C all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ C cold butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- *If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Blueberry Streusel Muffins is a simple-to-make recipe that’s sure to be enjoyed by everyone that’s lucky enough to eat one.
Here’s a look at some of the yummy cooking coming out of my kitchen…
Thank you for having me today… I always look forward to coming to visit with y’all.