Hi Everyone! It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co. Now that the weather is nice & it’s warmer, I’m starting to pull out all my “no-bake” recipes again. One thing that we make a lot of is this recipe for Restaurant Style Refried Beans. We use them in tacos, enchiladas, tostadas & then on the side of so many other things too. I love utilizing my crock pot during the warmer months because I want to be enjoying these gorgeous days. I definitely don’t want to be slaving away in the kitchen working on dinner prep all day.
I love how easy this recipe is to make. Just throw it all in the slow cooker & blend at the end of cooking. They taste amazing – just like what you get in the restaurant (so much better than canned). Best part – no preservatives.
We make this recipe at least once a week.
It’s definitely in the family favorite category.
Restaurant Style Refried Beans Recipe
- 3 cups dry pinto beans - rinsed & sorted
- 9 cups water
- 2 tbsp minced onions
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt for cooking + more to taste later
- 4 tsp cumin
- Add all ingredients in slow cooker
- Cover & set on high
- Cook for 8 hours- stirring occasionally
- Once beans are soft- use an immersion blender to break up beans & puree to a nice smooth consistency
- Top with cheese for serving
- Store in airtight container
I’m sure you will find yourself making these again & again.
Do you want more summer dishes? How about these?
Thank you for visiting with me today.
Hugs – Gina
DON'T MISS A THING... FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!