Today I am going to show you how to make a bouncy ball in five minutes. I remember doing this during Science Class a million years ago and I thought it would be awesome to share with my kiddos this fun activity… Besides, we are already in Spring Break so this is a great way to keep them busy and have a good time.
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tb Borax
- 1 Tb of Cornstarch
- 2 Tb White Liquid Glue
- Food coloring
- Optional: Disposable rubber gloves.
- In a cup mix the warm water and the borax.
- In another cup mix the glue, cornstarch, and food coloring.
- Pour the glue mixture into the water-borax cup.
- The glue mixture will harden after 10 seconds; use a fork to take it out of the water. If the glue mixture is still sticky, squish it with your hands and dip it back in the water.
- Roll the mixture in your hands to make a ball. The more you handle the mixture the firmer it will become.
- You are done!
Your kids are going to love this activity!
For more fun projects, crafts and kid activities check out these other awesome ideas!