Hello everyone at The 36th AVENUE…
It’s Ruthie from What’s Cooking with Ruthie.com 🙂
I’m so happy to be here to share this delicious recipe with you.
I just love Sweet Potato Fries! Hmmm, mmm.
AND coupled with Rosemary and Olive Oil this side dish just can’t be passed up!
Oh my… we can’t forget the Secret Sauce either!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into shoe string fries
- 3 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp season salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 Tb fresh rosemary, diced
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or less if you don't like spicy)
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- Secret Sauce:
- ¼ C olive oil mayonnaise
- ¼ C sweet & spicy sweet baby ray's BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half length wise, with potato flat side down, start slicing into wedges, then cut each wedge into 3 smaller shoestring cuts.
- In a small bowl combine: olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, cayenne pepper.
- Place sweet potato fries into a large ziplock bag, pour olive oil mixture over, zip closed, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle on corn starch, close bag, toss to coat.
- Corn starch will help fries to crisp while cooking.
- Arrange fries in a single layer on parchment paper.
- Bake 25 minutes or until tender.
- Turning half way through; will be soft in the middle and browned on the outside.
- Secret Sauce:
- Combine in a small mixing bowl and mix until combined.
* I adapted this recipe from Bakerette
Here are few other yummy recipes from What’s Cooking with Ruthie for you to enjoy…
Thanks so much to Desiree and all of you for having me today…
I love being a Contributor here every month!
I love having Ruthie as part of The 36th Avenue team!
Ruthie and I would love to have you stop by and visit her at www.whatscookingwithruthie.com
or connect with her at on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or google+.
Thank you all for visiting with us.
Wishing you a delicious day!
Ruthie and Desiree
Thanks Ruthie for sharing! So glad you liked my recipe enough to feature it here! Don’t I feel lucky! 🙂
Looks yummy, Ruthie! My kiddo’s are huge sweet potato fry lovers- gotta try for sure! (:
ps: Hi Desi!
I can not wait to try out these sweet potatoes and sauce. I am originally from Africa, Zambia and my mom always had these potatoes in her garden. This brought back great memories. Thanx for sharing..