Non Alcoholic Lime Fauxjito that is everyone friendly. This drink recipe comes together super quick and makes a full pitcher. You should have more than enough to go around.
Hi everyone! It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co. and I am so excited to be here with you all again today. I have St. Patrick’s Day Recipes on my mind and so that means everything is green, green, green. The way I see it- March signifies spring. When I think of the holiday of GREEN – my mind automatically goes to beverages. But not everyone likes/ or can have the spiked version and so I decided to make this Non Alcoholic Lime Fauxjito that is everyone friendly.
There may still be snow on the ground here & I won’t be packing away the parkas just yet – but my head says it’s spring. So that means I’m baking, creating and mixing all with spring in mind – especially for some St. Patty’s Day fun. I just swoon over this color. Isn’t it pretty?
You can top with a lime twist for extra green if you like.
I was really wanting some extra color so I went with lemon instead.
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup lime sherbet
- ½ cup lime juice
- 3 cups ginger ale
- Combine water & sugar in a glass bowl. Microwave approx 3 minutes.
- Stir in mint & allow to stand approx 5 minutes.
- Strain out mint from syrup & discard. Set syrup aside.
- In large pitcher - combine sherbet & lime juice & stir until sherbet starts to melt & combine with juice.
- Pour in ½ of your ginger ale & then all of your mint infused syrup. Stir.
- Add in last of ginger ale - stir well.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.
There you go – a nice refreshing GREEN drink for your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations!
Want a little St. Patty’s Snack to go with it??
Also take a look at this Deep Fried Tortellini Recipe.
…and these delicious Chocolate Mint Muffins.
Hope you’ll come on by & say hello. I’m sharing St. Patrick’s Day Recipes all week!