Hello, 36th Avenue friends!!
It’s Cathy from Lemon Tree Dwelling, and I’m so happy to be back here with you today!
Can you believe it’s already the second week in August!?
I am struggling to wrap my mind around where summer went….
(tennis, gymnastics, art class, all-start sports, day camp)
….and am struggling even more with the idea of it being over!
So, in whatever ways we can, we are attempting to hold on to summer’s last remaining days.
One of the best ways we know how to do that?
By enjoying fun summer foods! Like s’mores and watermelon and ice cream cones and lemonade and of course….popsicles!
My kids LOVE popsicles on hot days, and would probably eat them EVERY day if I let them!
Do you remember, as a kid, how amazing they tasted on the hottest summer days?
Well now you can make sure to always have some in the freezer for the kids AND for yourself….
with this simple & delicious recipe!
What I love about making our own popsicles is that we can control the ingredients and the flavors!
We used organic lemonade and homemade flavored simple syrups to make strawberry, mango, basil and mint flavored lemonade popsicles!
After much sampling and voting, there was a 2-way tie between strawberry and basil as the favorites of the bunch.
But don’t take my word for it….try for yourself! You won’t be disappointed!
Flavored Lemonade Popsicles
- Prepared lemonade
- Flavored simple syrup:
- ½ c. water
- ¼ c. sugar (*for a sweeter syrup, add up to ½ c. sugar)
- ½ c. chopped fresh fruit or whole fresh herb leaves
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and immediately add fresh fruit or herbs.
- Stir, cover with lid, and cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator..
- Fill popsicle molds using equal amounts of lemonade and flavored simple syrup. Freeze until firm.