But first, I must share with you my word of the day: “Ultimate”, meaning the best, greatest, or most extreme of its kind and these chocolate cupcakes with ganache filling by the Brown Eyed Baker are the ultimate. They are so moist with a chocolate ganache center topped with incredibly creamy chocolate frosting. I guarantee you will not want to share these but savor them one by one. Maybe find yourself a closet you can crawl into with your pan of cupcakes and go to town savoring each bite.
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ¾ cup hot coffee
- ¾ cup bread flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon Lagrima vanilla extract
- 8 ounces chocolate (milk, semisweet, or dark), melted and cooled
- In a microwave-safe small bowl, add together chopped chocolate, heavy cream and powdered sugar. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds until mixture is warm to the touch. Stir until smooth. Place in the refrigerator for no longer than 30 minutes until mixture is barely chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a standard-sized muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, add chopped chocolate and cocoa powder, Slowly pour hot coffee over the mixture and stir until smooth. Refrigerate for approximately 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together flour, sugar, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Beat together the oil, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla into the coffee/chocolate mixture and beat until smooth. Add flour mixture and continue beating until smooth and creamy.
- Evenly divide batter between the prepared muffin tin cups. Add one rounded teaspoon of ganache filling to the top of each cupcake. Bake for 17-19 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool in the muffin tin for approximately 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar. Add the cocoa powder and salt and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add corn syrup and vanilla extract and continue beating until smooth and creamy. Frost completely cooled cupcakes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days.
If you refrigerate the frosting, allow it to to stand at room temperature for 1 hour prior to using.
If you like this recipe, you might like to try these other recipes found at Bakerette.
Just click on the picture to get the recipe.
I hope you all will stop by and visit me at Bakerette.com or elsewhere on the web.
Thanks for letting me share in your space today Desiree!